Have you noticed how many like-minded South Africans are moving away from the excess of the festive season towards one that is simpler and more meaningful? While the kids merrily rip their way through stocking fillers, many of us adults are finding better ways to celebrate the season of giving.
SIDE-STEP THE SILLY SEASON THIS YEAR WITH SECRET SANTA ZA
Here’s a new twist on a tradition that many families already swear by. Every grown-up in your family is anonymously given another adult’s name, and this is the only person for whom they need to buy. As in life, you need to set a few guidelines:
- How much? Set a ballpark Rand value, just to make sure you’re all on the same page. The bonus is, you have the freedom to spend a bit more, given that you’re only buying one gift each.
- Need a steer? Family can be tricky to buy for. If you don’t know what to buy your brother-in-law, simply share this post with him.
- What to buy? Here’s the new twist… challenge everyone to buy local this festive season. We don’t need to tell you the benefits of supporting local business. Now, more than ever, we should be focusing on local job creation and keeping our carbon footprints in check.
IS YOUR FAMILY UP FOR SECRET SANTA ZA?
- Grab a cuppa for some window shopping at The Mohair Mill Shop and Airloom
- Found what you’d love for Christmas? Simply share the item on Facebook and tag your family to let them know what’s on your Christmas List (be sure to use the hashtag #secretsantaZA)
- Click here for your chance to win your perfect gift (up to the value of R4 000). Get up to 3 additional entries across all your social platforms!
Competition closes 15 December 2017.
Competition terms and conditions apply.