Originally the location of the Cape Mohair blanket factory, The Mill Living Centre is a retail centre developed in order to sustain the livelihoods of many local weavers and machine technicians.
While retaining the building’s original industrial feel, the old factory building has been renovated into the Mohair Mill Shop and Décor – a home for decor, gifts and the biggest selection of mohair products in South Africa.
There has been enormous growth and the centre is now home to a number of new projects:
- De Lederhandler (fine leather products from local producers)
- Siya Phambili Beading workshop
- Porcupine Raku ceramics and studio
- Peppermill Restaurant – the best chocolate cake in South Africa
- Zandla Zam gifting and locally produced fabric
- Handesaam Crafters – mat weaving, fabric painting and handcrafts
- Art gallery
The Mohair Mill Shop…natural, sustainable and South African.